O beatissime lector, lava manus tuas et sic librum adprehende, leniter folia turna, longe a littera digito pone.*
A lot of things go into developing a blog, website, or digital footprint. This describes how we develop and manage Errant Ruminant's digital presence.
- Cloud server: Vultr.com
One VPS instance shared between Tandem Farms, Tandem Realty's blog, and the Errant Ruminant blog.
- Operating system: Fedora Linux
Latest version or one version removed.
- Front-end informational website: the Ghost blogging platform
Note: these instructions were adapted in order to support a multi-site-on-one-server scenario and then leveraged to deploy the publishing platform.
- Backup: scripted backup saved to the Keybase Filesystem.
- Todd's laptop: Fedora Linux workstation
- Image manipulation: GIMP and Inkscape
- Offline document creation and brainstorming: Joplin
Packages for Fedora Linux can be found here.
Images, Text and Fonts, Color Pallet
- Image formatting: JPG and PNG predominate. Complex imagery is generally sourced from a SVG graphic developed using Inkscape.
- Image dimensions for the website: . . .
- Image text fonts: . . .
- Text: markdown is used to develop source material and in configuration, generally, but it varies.
- Fonts: governed by the Ghost platform and are not forced.
- Ghost publishing platform theme:
- The Massively theme predominates, but other themes are often explored.
- Ghost is customized to lead with a static root page and then follow native blog-ish structure for the rest of the site
- General color pallet: . . .
- Content styling: The Chicago Manual of Style is adhered to, until it is not.
- . . . more to come . . .
* Translation: "O most gracious reader, wash your hands and touch the book only like this: turn the pages softly and keep your finger far away from the text". -Colophon Wikipedia entry